Here’s a photo from the May Family Ride. Next ride is Sunday June 16 at 11am — Father’s Day!
The Culver City Bicycle Coalition is organizing another round of Family Rides, starting this Sunday, and continuing through the summer.
When: Sunday, May 19, 2013, 11am
Where: meet at Town Plaza (near Culver Hotel) — we’ll be ending at a local park (TBD) in Culver City.
Required: helmets and waivers
May 13 marks the beginning of Bike Week LA.
Each day is dedicated to a different way to celebrate going car-free. For additional details, visit metro.net/bikeweek
Wednesday, May 15 is Guided Bike Ride Day and local non-profit, Walk ‘n Rollers will be leading a ride along the Ballona Creek and Culver Paths to highlight how fun and easy biking in Culver city can be.
Thursday, May 16 is Bike to Work Day. The CCBC will be hosting a pit stop in front of Culver City Hall from 7a.m – 9 a.m with handouts and information on how to safely bike to work on a regular basis.
Pitstop at City Hall, 7 – 9 a.m.
Bike to these restaurants and enjoy discounts throughout the day when you show your helmet:
- Chipotle: Free entree from our menu.
- City Tavern: $2 Craft Beer Tasters from 11:30am-6:00pm
- The Culver Hotel: extensive continental breakfast for $10 (inclusive of tax & tip) includes coffee, tea, breads, muffins & croissants, juice, fresh fruit, granola & yogurt as well as assorted nuts…very healthy and delicious!
- K-ZO: Free scoop of ice cream with any meal
- LaRocco’s Pizzeria: 10% discount.
- Lyfe Kitchen: 20% off all breakfast items 20% off any catering orders of $150 or more thru the end of May.
(see locations for details)
Sunday, May 19, the CCBC will be hosting a Family Ride to wrap up Bike Week LA and Bike Local Weekend. The ride will be short and family-friendly starting from Culver City’s Town Plaza (near the Culver Hotel) at 11 a.m.
For the first time ever, on Sunday, April 21, CicLAvia will stretch from downtown L.A. to thesea. Culver City will be a major hub on the route along Venice Blvd., and we expect thousands of riders to visit our restaurants, shops, and bars over the course of the day.
The Culver City Bicycle Coalition will be providing free bike valet for as many of those tired and hungry riders as possible, and we need volunteers to help park bikes If you can commit to a 2-hour shift, please let us know. There’ll be t-shirts and other goodies in it for you!
Please reply here or e-mail: email@example.com with your availability.
Our Safe Routes to School community meeting CCBC planning session was quite successful with representatives from City staff, CCUSD School Board and City Council on hand to hear comments on all things Safe Routes to School programs in CC.
We’re continuing the conversation about CCBC in 2013 Wednesday January 23 at Joxer Daly’s at 7:30 pm
. We’ll be setting campaign objectives for 2013, so bring your best ideas!
Which projects do you want to see prioritized?
Want to see 15 mph school zones?
A new citywide continental crosswalk policy?
Bicycle parking ordinance?
We are only as strong as our ideas, organization, and willpower, so please join us for a drink as we talk campaigns!
What: Campaign Brainstorm
When: Wednesday, 1/23 at 7:30pm
Where: Joxer Daly’s, 11168 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232
Here’s a summary of Culver City Bicycle Coalition activities for 2012:
- CCPD: established positive relationships, hosted a CCPD bicycle safety meeting
- Ballona Creek Safety: Supported efforts to add signage and improved markings, initiated conversations with stakeholders
- Established positive relationship with city staff
- Supported CC Projects: Jefferson improvements, bike rack grant, Safe Routes to School program
- Expo Station Clean Mobility Center: Our campaign put it back on track and due to begin construction in 2014
- Instrumental in forming the Expo Phase II BAC and secured an appointment on the BAC
- Sent a representative to the National Bike Summit
- Celebrated Bike Month with pitstops for the second year in a row
- Co-Hosted Bike Carmegeddon with LACBC and Walk ‘n Rollers
- Participated in Fiesta la Ballona
- Partcipated at the CCPD Safety Fair
- Participating in LACBC Regional Partnerships program
- Coordinated feeder rides to 2 CicLAvias
- Supported 2 Tour de Tastes
Steve Herbert of the Culver City Bicycle Coalition hosted Bike Talk on Saturday, January 12, 2013. This show highlights the work of local LACBC chapter the Culver City Bicycle Coalition and biking infrastructure in Culver City with discussions on the Expo line now in Culver City and phase II ahead, the popular Ballona Creek bike path, Safe Routes to School efforts, and more!
Here’s a direct link to a recording of the show: kpfk_130112_112000biketalk (mp3)